Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What to See at the Davao Museum of History and Ethnography





I have visited the province of Davao nearly 15 times already but every visit, I am able to discover something new about this sun-kissed province in Mindanao.
the lobby
During my recent visit, I was able to discover the quaint but surprisingly interesting Davao Museum of History and Ethnography located at Insular Village I in Lanang, Davao City.

It was a project commissioned by the Ayala Foundation in 1976 and undertaken by the Zonta Club of Davao the following year. It houses unique artifacts that prove the ingenuity and richness of the tribes that inhabit the province.

The museum is basically a two-storey building, small in comparison to the museums but it is compact with a lot of historical artifacts and bullets about the history of Davao.

I was really fascinated with the weaves and the the musical instruments. But of course, the museum has other highlights.

In case you're wondering what you're going to see at the museum, here are some photos I took for your reference. So please enjoy.I must advise you however, to still visit it when you have the chance.

Operating Hours: The museum is open from Monday to Saturday at 9am to 12 noon and then 1-5pm. It is closed during Sundays and Holidays.

Admission rates: P100 for adults and P20 for students


the facade of the davao museum









































0 comments:

Post a Comment