Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Review of Seablings Seafood Restaurant, Cagayan de Oro





While I consider myself a well-traveled person, I must admit that there are still a lot of question marks in my traveling resume.

Here in the Philippines alone, there are still three or four provinces that I haven't visited and most of those I have actually reached, I only check out once.

It is therefore a welcome feeling for me to come back to Cagayan de Oro once more. Even though it was just a short stop en route to our main destination of Bukidnon, I really savored the chance to check out what we can given the minimal time we had.

And one major stop was at Seablings Seafood Restaurant.

I had high expectations from this particular restaurant mainly because a lot of previous travelers have given it high marks for its relatively cheaper cost, and sumptuous, fresh seafood cuisines. In fact, it is a highly recommended restaurant according to Zomato and the second best restaurant in Cagayan de Oro according to TripAdvisor.

Needless to say, I had to check it out. And I did. And boy was I glad that I did.

Located in Opol, Misamis Oriental (Cagayan de Oro), Seablings restaurant stands proudly along the beach, emphasizing its niche in seafood dishes.

The staff and crew were very accommodating and they entertained us even though I made reservations barely an hour before we arrived.

The entire restaurants have large, open door and windows, allowing the cool breeze, much to the delight of the customers. It was a really a good respite from the noontime heat.

We ordered several fish dishes, prawns, squid and scallops. We also ordered the native kilawin and pakbet with seafood. All dishes arrived within 20 minutes even though there were other customers at the time.

I must say the seafood dishes were really fresh and they were really good. I even found later on that they were really affordable t

I particularly enjoyed their pakbet sauteed with seafoods. It wasnt very salty and was very appetizing.

Their hilabos na hipon was also good, though I had to request for the dish to be reheated because it was not very hot when it reached our table.

Their red snapper was also excellent.

The ambiance was perfect for a relaxing, chill lunch among friends or families. I was so relaxed during our visit that I was able to eat a lot, hahaha.

Their banana split was ok but their leche flan needs improvement.

Overall, I really enjoyed my dining experience at Seablings. And I realized that the high praises given by fellow travelers were very much deserved. The awesome ambiance, great food, affordable prices plus the fact that it is about 20 minutes away from the airport are major factors why it is a very popular restaurant.

I would really recommend this restaurant to others.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give it an 8.5.














2 comments:

  1. Great that you enjoyed the food from Seablings Seafood. Kagay-anons could've never been proud to hear that from you. Hope you'll spend a longer time the next time here in Cagayan de Oro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure if Seablings is "the second best restaurant in Cagayan de Oro according to TripAdvisor". Panagatan is also a good seafood restaurant, they're located near Seablings.

    ReplyDelete